Happy Mad about Madeleine Month! (And you thought I was going to say Happy Valentine’s Day. Well, that too!)
First off, thanks to all the entrants in the Becoming Madeleine book giveaway and congrats to Kelly W. on winning the book!
If you’re sad you didn’t win, I’ve got great news. Giveaway 2 in the Mad about Madeleine Month begins today. This week’s giveaway is on Instagram! Head on over and follow KSMitch17 to enter to win this week’s awesome prize?
What is it? Glad you asked. I really wish I could keep this prize to myself, but I’m going to give you a shot at winning!
Madeleine L’Engle was an avid fan of physics, stars and all things space related. It’s one of my favorite things about her books. She always took the opportunity to weave space and science into her work, and she didn’t see a divide between science and religion. Instead, she encouraged her readers to explore the deep connection between these two tough topics.
Today’s giveaway honors a love of space, both mine and Madeleine’s. Head over to Instagram to check it out and enter.
Read on for some fun facts on space! Did you know…?
- There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of Earth. Astounded? That’s more than a billion trillion stars.
- Most stars are between 1 billion and 10 billion years old.
- Astronomers believe there may be at least 1 planet orbiting every star. Take that number in.
- Scientists estimate that the number of potentially habitable planets in our galaxy (the Milky Way) is around 2 billion.
- It’s highly likely that we (well, or our descendants) will find life on other planets. Will that life be in a form we recognize and one that can communicate with us? That’s the great mystery!
Now go enter the giveaway and see you next week!
“They are very young. And on their earth, as they call it, they never communicate with other planets. They revolve about all alone in space.”
“Oh,” the thin beast said. “Aren’t they lonely?”
― Madeleine L’Engle,